How to get yourself out of a funk and get yourself back on track when you are struggling to find motivation to workout.
As a personal trainer, I understand that it’s normal to feel demotivated at times when it comes to working out. It can be challenging to stay on track with your fitness goals when you lack motivation, but it’s crucial to remember that consistency is key to achieving your desired results. With that in mind, here are some tips that may help you get back on track and out of your workout funk.
- Set Realistic Goals- When you’re feeling demotivated, it’s not the best time to set big, ambitious goals that require a lot of effort and dedication. Instead, focus on setting small, achievable goals that will help you build momentum and gain confidence. If you usually workout for an hour, aim to complete a 20-minute workout today. This will help you get started and build momentum.
- Find Your Why- To me this might be the most important one. It’s essential to understand why you want to work out. What are your goals? Are you trying to lose weight, gain muscle, improve your overall health, or reduce stress? Understanding your reasons for working out can help you to stay motivated. Write down your reasons for working out and keep them somewhere visible, like on your fridge or next to your workout gear. Whenever you feel demotivated, remind yourself of your why.
- Start with a Walk- If you’re struggling to get back into your workout routine, consider starting with a walk. Walking is a great low-impact exercise that can help you to build momentum and get back into the habit of exercising. Aim for at least 20-30 minutes of walking a day. Walking can help you to increase your energy levels, reduce stress, and improve your mood.
- Mix It Up- Doing the same workout routine over and over again can become monotonous and demotivating. Try mixing up your routine by trying new exercises or changing the intensity of your workout. This can help you stay engaged and excited about your workouts. Consider trying a new class or workout video, or incorporate interval training into your routine.
- Get an Accountability Partner- Having someone to hold you accountable can be a powerful motivator. Find a workout partner, a friend, or a family member who can join you for workouts or check in with you regularly to see how your workouts are going. You can also join a workout group or community to connect with like-minded individuals who can offer support and motivation.
- Reward Yourself- Finally, don’t forget to reward yourself for your hard work. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small, by treating yourself to something you enjoy. It could be a healthy meal, a new workout outfit, or a relaxing massage. These rewards can help you stay motivated and focused on your goals.
In conclusion, getting out of a workout funk takes time and effort. If you lack motivation, start with a simple activity like walking to get your momentum going again. Use these tips to help you get back on track and stay motivated on your fitness journey. Remember, consistency is key to achieving your desired results.
Remember, you are just one workout away from being back on track.
So, don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up or lack motivation. Keep these tips in mind and take action to get back on track towards your fitness goals. Consistency and persistence will pay off in the end.