Certified Personal Trainer Wanted
Apply Below IF… You’re a Hard-Working, Self-Motivated, Customer Service Focused Person who Loves Fitness, and Looking to Excel in an Entrepreneurial Environment.
Dear Fellow Fitness Professional,
My name is Benjamin Petitpas. I’m the owner of CT Workout Personal Training located in Newington, CT. For the past 18 years my business has been educating, motivating, and inspiring our Members to become the best version of themselves through our training, nutrition and lifestyle programs.
Over the last couple years we’ve had tremendous growth and it’s come time to bring on some additional help to get to the “next level.” It’s our goal to help thousands of Newingon area residents look, feel and perform their best. To do this, we need a strong supporting cast, which includes a SOLID Personal Trainer who is committed to helping our Members be successful. Quite frankly, we need someone who is a rock star coach (you need to bring the best out of people) AND love working with GROUPS.
As for certifications and previous experience… You don’t need to be a 20-year veteran trainer like or have an alphabet soup of letters after your name if you’re a self-motivated person who loves to learn about fitness and all things training. I can develop your training skills (nationally recognized certification IS required). However, I can’t fix a lousy personality – you need to be great with people, especially a large group.
SO, ARE YOU OUR NEXT TEAM MEMBER?
WARNING: Working in an entrepreneurial environment is much different than working for a “regular” company – we often build the plane as we fly it. Creativity and flexibility are a must! In addition, we’re looking for someone with the following 12 Entrepreneurial Attitudes*:
- Create Value
- Take Initiative
- Focus on Results
- Have an Ownership Attitude
- Be in Alignment
- Be a Partner
- Take Action
- Be Open
- Learn How to Handle Strong Emotions
- Have Patience and Compassion
- Don’t Give Up
UNIQUE BENEFITS OF BEING ON OUR TEAM
Having worked for a few “big box” gyms in my past (with accomplishments including being the top selling trainer, a company leading department head, and the guy responsible for trainer & manager development), I have an inside knowledge of the benefits they provide, as well as the aspects of the job that a lot of personal trainers hate – like 100% commission, sales quotas, closeout, lousy vacation packages, etc.
Working with us will be a bit different…
Naturally, slackers will not be tolerated. However, you’re not measured by sales performance, but instead by Member RETENTION and Member REVIEWS. Basically, if our Members like you and want to keep working out with us, you make more money. As for sales quotas and closeouts, they don’t exist. We also don’t pay on commission; you get base salary and the opportunity to increase it – as the business grows you get rewarded.
We’re all about WIN-WIN-WIN (as we help more members, the company makes more money, and you get raises!).
If you are hired for this position you will follow a set schedule, and split shifts are a norm – we train people when they’re not at work (mornings and evenings), but that’s pretty standard in the industry. You will also have to work some (1-2) Saturday mornings each month for a few hours, but Sundays will NEVER happen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SHORT-TERM OR WANTS TO OPEN HIS/HER OWN BUSINESS IN A YEAR OR TWO! WE’RE LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM MEMBER WITH A LONG-TERM VISION WHO WILL STRIVE FOR GROWTH/LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN OUR GROWING COMPANY…
Your Primary Objective
Educate, motivate and inspire our Members to become the best version of themselves by leading OUTSTANDING group personal training sessions.
Minimum Required Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform initial Functional Movement Screens
- Peform follow-up assessments as necessary
- Provide Great Service to Our Members
- Make them feel incredibly welcome
- Coach them on how to use our various systems to their advantage
- Track attendance
- Follow-up & check-in phone calls
- Celebrate wins, anniversaries, birthdays (announcements at end of sessions)
- Lead Training Sessions
- Competently & confidentially explain the routine & exercises at the beginning of each session
- Provide individualized coaching to everyone throughout the course of the workout
- Correct form as needed, but be sure to recognize good form as well
- Adjust weights, provide spots
- Engage the group as a whole, and still be present for each individual
- Facility Maintenance
- Help maintain a clean training environment. We have a professional cleaning crew for the big stuff (bathrooms, showers, scrubbing floors, etc). However some daily maintenance is still required.
Potential Additional Responsibilities:
- Attend special events
- Cover personal training sessions
- Attendance at continuing education/development training
- Great personality/etiquette. You will be talking with our customers, who are VERY important to us, and prospective customers, who are also extremely important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Thoughtfulness and organization. We need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. We are very serious about this one. We do NOT want a robot. We want someone who learns and grows with us.
- Facebook. Facebook is an important part of our community. You must be an active Facebook user and familiar with it’s basic functions.
- Writing. We provide a lot of education to our Members through our blog, print newsletter and e-newsletter. Opportunities may be available for you to provide content to showcase your expertise.